Soul Wars
Please Register to view forum's content this includes all Soul Wars news/updates/staff applications/guides and community events

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Soul Wars
Please Register to view forum's content this includes all Soul Wars news/updates/staff applications/guides and community events
Soul Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sword stances

+2
Zagros (Rhyuke)
darkness
6 posters

Go down

Sword stances Empty Sword stances

Post by darkness Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:03 pm

Now I know this might sound crazy but everyone doesn't hold their sword the same way affraid  but fear not diversity is here and with this feature players who wield a zanpukato should be given different ways to way they hold them maybe the stance can even change the attack animation/attack speed for instance a quick stance would be someone wielding it one handedly swinging quick fast lighting strikes at the cost of power but someone who uses two hands would exert more force which in term leads to more power but as the cost of swining more slower compared to a one hand stance hell you can get very creative with this and make some interesting fighting styles which I'm sure can play a big role in builds later on

darkness

Back to top Go down

Sword stances Empty Re: Sword stances

Post by Zagros (Rhyuke) Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:05 pm

ill bring it up with the artist to have a few variations
Zagros (Rhyuke)
Zagros (Rhyuke)
Developer

https://soulwarz.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Moreira Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:52 pm

darkness wrote:Now I know this might sound crazy but everyone doesn't hold their sword the same way affraid  but fear not diversity is here and with this feature players who wield a zanpukato should be given different ways to way they hold them maybe the stance can even change the attack animation/attack speed for instance a quick stance would be someone wielding it one handedly swinging quick fast lighting strikes at the cost of power but someone who uses two hands would exert more force which in term leads to more power but as the cost of swining more slower compared to a one hand stance hell you can get very creative with this and make some interesting fighting styles which I'm sure can play a big role in builds later on

and zanpakutou should be able to save it in his sheath!

Moreira

Back to top Go down

Post by Hideyasu Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:22 am

I agree with both of them. I would really like these simple, yet expansive ideas.
Hideyasu
Hideyasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaizen Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:22 pm

darkness wrote:Now I know this might sound crazy but everyone doesn't hold their sword the same way affraid but fear not diversity is here and with this feature players who wield a zanpukato should be given different ways to way they hold them maybe the stance can even change the attack animation/attack speed for instance a quick stance would be someone wielding it one handedly swinging quick fast lighting strikes at the cost of power but someone who uses two hands would exert more force which in term leads to more power but as the cost of swining more slower compared to a one hand stance hell you can get very creative with this and make some interesting fighting styles which I'm sure can play a big role in builds later on

Im agree with that suggestion, to work with ur idea i will need to remake the base, clothes and some hairs but we still have a lot of work before this idea so this suggestion is waiting for the list.

Thanks for ur suggestion.
Kaizen
Kaizen
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonpearl Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:35 pm

Wow this Idea is great, but would different stances give different boosts in some areas or will it just be for show?
Dragonpearl
Dragonpearl

Back to top Go down

Post by Hideyasu Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:56 pm

Dragonpearl wrote:Wow this Idea is great, but would different stances give different boosts in some areas or will it just be for show?
Yes, ideally! As he stated, it would be cool for someone using a sword in one hand to be quicker yet not as powerful. Then visa versa when someone is using a sword with two hands. I think it would be cool to really get into it, as in certain stances holding the sword closer to your body may raise defense or block rate (if that's even a thing). Or stances holding their swords more outward, may have a bit more range or something similar to that. Though like they said that's a lot of work, but could be a great idea!
Hideyasu
Hideyasu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum